Share | 

Who Gonna Win It in '14

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
FireKoopa
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer

PostSubject: Who Gonna Win It in '14   Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:57 pm

Alright guys, I'm curious to see predictions for who you think will win Series in 2014. Pick between 5 and 10 drivers and explain a little why you think that driver has a shot to win it. Here's my top 10:

10. Mike Boone -- I thought the man was washed up, he said he was washed up.. then he went to win 3 out of 5 races and finished in the top 10 the final two races to close out 2013. 20th in points may not be exciting to you but he posted the best year he's had since at LEAST 1998. He's a far shot but I think he could take series one last time.

9. Isaak Claude -- 2nd in points may be convincing from 2013 but he choked the last few races when he could of had a chance to narrow the gap. He's never won series since he joined in 1995 and I want to say he could get his revenge and take it all in 2014 but he needs consistency for me to buy him as a sure-fire contender.

8. Lorna Rose -- Finished 2nd in three different races and 7th in the points standings. He was up in the top 10 a good portion of the events in 2013 and it was a career year for him in almost every category. I don't think it was a fluke year for Lorna, I expect him to make another good run in 2014 and a series championship would be the icing on that man's cake.

7. Mike Dillon -- Laugh at me if you will but he has improved every year he's been in the E-League and he took 2 wins and 11 top 10's in 2013. For a driver who was mostly unknown coming into 2013, a 14th place finish in points really stood out to me. I expect a top 10 points run from him this year and I wouldn't be surprised if he pulled out the rug from under folks for a series championship.

6. Wendy Williams -- Got hot last year and proved she can still be a contender in the points series. Had a few meltdown races but expecting those to be fixed for 2014. She's never finished higher than 6th in points but sooner or later you catch a big break.. Wendy is due her big break.

5. Mileena Jackson -- Hadn't raced since 2009 but came back in 2013 and looked like she never left. Had a lot of strong top 10 runs but also like Wendy had some meltdowns. I wouldn't count her out this year for a championship run.

4. Laura Hellington -- This ain't because I'm married to her and she'd kick my butt if I didn't put her on the list, but because she was red hot last year at several points finishing up in the top 10 in a few races and putting together a few top 5's. I generally don't pick drivers who have not won a race but I see her improving in 2014. Long shot, not sure why I placed her this high but I'll take my chances.

3. Kali Wassaserwanga -- Won 3 races in 2013 and was constantly fighting and fighting throughout the year to finish strong. I thought 2010 was a fluke year but I feel she has proven myself and a lot of folks wrong with her 2013 campaign by finishing 10th in points and winning the final race of the year. Did I mention these 3 races were her first career wins? Big things are coming up for that girl.

2. Lamond Jackson -- Went cold in the final few races last year but the exhibition race at Lowe's back in November made me realize that Lamond is still for real. He didn't win a race in 2013 but had a lot of strong finishes which kept him riding in the top 3 in points nearly the entire year. If he doesn't win series in 2014, I think that may be his final shot at it.

1. Kevin Pritchett -- The kid was in a zone all year last year and came up huge in the races that he needed to come through in. It's rare when a rookie leads all drivers in laps led and wins the series in the E-League and unless he has the typical sophomore slump, I think he's got the best chance of repeating as series champ in 2014.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lance.Hall1958
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer

PostSubject: Re: Who Gonna Win It in '14   Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:31 pm

5. DeShaun Lewiston III: Has the offline racing experience to know the tracks but lacks the experience of racing against online competition. Has looked strong in the exhibition races and don't expect him to be phased during the 2014 season. Long shot out but after 2013 Rook Kevin Pritchett anything can happen.

4. Shannon Brown: Unless I'm mistaken, he's finished in the top 10 in every exhibition race we did this year and from his last seasons in 08 and 09 he was becoming one of the top drivers in the league. I think he's due to break out big time.

3. Paul Hellington: Call me crazy but if he continues to improve health-wise, I think Paul has one more top 10 points run in him or even possibly one last championship. Paul feeling like a million bucks can be trouble for everybody.

2. Kali Wassaserwanga: Had a breakout year last year and finished in the top 10 in points for the first time in her career. I see her continuing to improve in 2014 and a series championship is not out of the equation.

1. Kevin Pritchett: Took everyone by storm as a rookie in 2013 and won series and continues to look like the same driver through the exhibition races as well. This isn't a fluke driver and I feel he has a real shot at repeating.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://koopaelite.canada-forum.net
KingBowserKoopa
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer

PostSubject: Re: Who Gonna Win It in '14   Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:24 pm

#10. James Ganon - Looked great at Nashville on Friday night I must give him credit for that but caught a lucky break on the final caution to grab an uncontested victory. Looked great at points in 2013 but needs to cut down the DNFs. If he improves off of 2013 I think he has a shot to win series.

#9. Cody Landon - Finished 6th in points in 2013 with 3 wins and proved that he can steal the series like he did in 2010. If he doesn't win series in 2014 I'm certain he'll be around the top 5 in points, I don't see him as one of the most consistent drivers around for a reason.

#8. Albert Lewis - What a comeback, that's all that really needs to be said. Hadn't won a race in over 7 years and that win was the Daytona 500. Finished 5th in points, an all time best. I see him making strides forward next year.

#7. Vladislav Dragimar - Had 5 poles but melted down late in the year. 2014 may be his last shot at another series championship, if he can cut down on the late season bad performances I see him with a shot at winning the series one last time.

#6. Wendy Williams - Finished in the top 10 in points yet again. The first female racer in our league is still one of the contenders for a title and those 3 wins topped off quite a comeback considering her year in 2010 where she spent most of the year out due to personal problems. If she can put a few more top 10s together in 2014 there's no reason why a female driver can't win the series.

#5. Kali Wassaserwanga - Which brings me to my next driver, Kali has looked fantastic in 2010 and made a big improvement in 2013 placing in the top 10 in points for the first time. I do not see those 3 wins as a fluke for her, big things are coming up in 2014 and I think she's ready.

#4. Mike Boone - Finished the season hot and won 3 out of 5 races during the midpoint of the season in 2013. People should really stop chanting "Go away old man" over the mic, because he ain't listening to em. I'd love to see my bro Mike win one more series, he deserves it.

#3. Lorna Rose - As much as this guy and I spat on the track, he was all over my back bumper last year and all over the bumpers of the leaders as well. 7th was his best points finish ever and I think he'll just get better next year. Another one of those drivers who long deserves a series victory.

#2. Isaak Claude - Got so close to winning his first series championship but couldn't quite cut the gap from my next driver on the list. I think next year will be a better one for him and I don't see his numbers dropping, only going up.

#1. Kevin Pritchett - What is there to really say about the 2013 rookie? When the big races came a knockin' he answered big time. For someone with little to no racing sim experience coming into 2013, he was just amazing from beginning to end. 2014 shouldn't be any different. Another championship for the man.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Larry_Koopa
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer

PostSubject: Re: Who Gonna Win It in '14   Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:00 pm

funny comparing these lists to who is in the top 10 now. unpredictable e-league like always.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KoopetteLeBoo
Dice Roller ST
Dice Roller ST

PostSubject: Re: Who Gonna Win It in '14   Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:21 pm

Amen Mikey hunnie. Amen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
annabelle56
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer

PostSubject: Re: Who Gonna Win It in '14   Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:20 am

Ain't that the truth!

Quote :
"We write of our past to remind us of where we started; we read in the present to know how far we've come." -Heather Butler 1982-2008
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xHellzBellzx

PostSubject: Re: Who Gonna Win It in '14   Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:18 pm

love how i'm in 3rd right now and i ain't on any of y'lls list lolz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FireKoopa
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer

PostSubject: Re: Who Gonna Win It in '14   Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:23 pm

Forgot you were still alive lol Jk man