YOU DON'T KNOW JACK: GAME OVER EDITION

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SC276
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer

PostSubject: YOU DON'T KNOW JACK: GAME OVER EDITION   Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:10 pm

And yes, the all caps are deliberate.

YOU DON'T KNOW JACK (YDKJ) is a line of trivia games dating back to 1996 on PCs, created by Jellyvision, Inc. These games are billed as "where high culture and pop culture collide," as the questions use pop culture references and the host's sarcastic (and immature and sometimes latent sociopathic) demeanor to spruce up general knowledge questions. For example, one question asked how many times you would be able to listen to the song "Walking on Sunshine" while you were literally walking on sunshine from the sun to the Earth (twice, since the song is about four minutes long and it takes eight minutes for light to go from the sun to Earth).

As imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, especially when it comes to me and video games, I thus, over the course of the past few summers, created two installments of a YDKJ fangame in Flash 8... and judging by a Google search, they are the world's first fully-playable YDKJ fangames in the world. In fact, some guys at Jellyvision itself have played the first episode and liked it! But because my interests are so narrow, the two games, hosted by my character SC from my Game Over running series, are "where high culture and GEEK culture collide," running primarily with references to my own interests which includes, yes, Mario. It also implements the classic PC title's local multiplayer, in contrast to the general pseudo-multiplayer using "ghost data" method currently used by the latest official incarnations on Facebook and smartphones.

YDKJ:GOE - Episode 1
Newgrounds
DeviantART

Between these two releases, I've received plenty of feedback to further improve for my second outing. The most noticeable upgrades include a main menu, a list of medals (achievements), and an upgrade to the core gameplay with a YDKJ mainstay left out of the first: Screw Your Neighbor, which can force one of your opponents in a multiplayer game to answer the question, whether they know the answer or not! In fact, Episode 2 was released TODAY!

YDKJ:GOE - Episode 2
Newgrounds
DeviantART

-"Nothing's Too Good for You"

Current status: Seek out the Heart of the Matter

Last edited by LoneCoonProductions on Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added DeviantART link to Episode 2)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://supercomputer276.webs.com
Orinda Tarsa
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer

PostSubject: Re: YOU DON'T KNOW JACK: GAME OVER EDITION   Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:56 pm

Apparently, also links can only be viewed by an Admin member.

Really well done, too.

Lance.Hall1958
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer

PostSubject: Re: YOU DON'T KNOW JACK: GAME OVER EDITION   Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:29 pm

Odd how these links don't show without Admin approval but SC's link to the Character Template on the Wiki a few weeks back showed with no problem.

Something isn't quite right because I'm separating each statement with a line break.

Just like this.

I'm losing my mind!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://koopaelite.canada-forum.net
SC276
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer

PostSubject: Re: YOU DON'T KNOW JACK: GAME OVER EDITION   Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:33 pm

DeviantART link for Episode 2 added, for those allergic to Newgrounds.

-"Nothing's Too Good for You"

Current status: Seek out the Heart of the Matter
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://supercomputer276.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: YOU DON'T KNOW JACK: GAME OVER EDITION   

Back to top Go down

YOU DON'T KNOW JACK: GAME OVER EDITION
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1