Role Play Pool Party!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Terry
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer

PostSubject: Re: Role Play Pool Party!   Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:09 pm

"Oh don't worry, I most certainly will if he's lying or turns out to be some kind of spy," Clive whispered back as he followed behind Orinda slowly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SC276
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer

PostSubject: Re: Role Play Pool Party!   Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:25 pm

Behind the two of them, the Squeek also exited and followed. Orinda certainly bore a few similarities to the infamous Bowser in terms of fire power, no denying that. If he had more tortoise mixed in, he could almost be a dead ringer. Curiouser and curiouser.

-"Nothing's Too Good for You"

Current status: Seek out the Heart of the Matter
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://supercomputer276.webs.com
Terry
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer

PostSubject: Re: Role Play Pool Party!   Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:17 am

Clive stayed close to Xiuhcoatl and remained vigilant. He glared at Orinda angrily throughout. He wasn't happy at all and kept looking round in case Bowser burst in and discovers his crown.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blackie_the_cubone
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer

PostSubject: Re: Role Play Pool Party!   Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:20 am

Pointing the torch out into the direction to the throne room, the light of the flame made the hallway visible about ten feet in front of them. The walls of the hallway were made of round stones, most likely granite, which were covered in dust from lack of cleaning and many of the stones had noticable cracks in them showing the castles' age. The floor had the same look as the walls, besides the stones being much more worn down due to years of traffic from its inhibitants. Windows lined all the way down the left side of the hallway, showing peeks of the outside world that was the Valley of Bowser. Torches are between each window, the gap between windows being about 10 feet total. The torches are unlit besides the one Orinda had just lighted, for reasons unknown thus far. The travel through the hallways of the dark and eerily quiet Koopa Castle begins for this group of four.

"The throne room, I believe is down this way.", Orinda said in an almost monotone voice as he pointed towards the the direction of the hallway where it was beginning a slight incline towards the top of the castle. He began to walk down the hallway, holding the torch steady to provide light into the direction that was being taken. "You folks may be wondering about just how I got here", he said, his voice showing a little more emotion than before. "Well, I was flying through the skies in Dinosaur Land when I had began to pass over a forest with creepy looking trees. As I was about to clear through the treetops, I hit something unseen by my eyes hard and crashed to the forest floor. When my vision came back, I saw a giant tree sitting where I had just flown." Taking a deep breath, he spoke again. "I had just crashed in a new land to me, unknown of its dangers. I laid in the bushes trying to figure out where to go next when a pair of koopa troopas and a goomba discovered me. They had told me that their king instructed them that their next king would fall from the heavens and have the wings to have taken flight through them. They saw my wings and felt that I was what King Bowser had called for." Taking a glance at the trio, he stopped walking. "Does this make sense to you so far?"

SC276
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer

PostSubject: Re: Role Play Pool Party!   Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:34 am

The Squeek took the opportunity of the windows to take a look at the surrounding land. He... was distinctly further off course than he recalled. He itched to check his map again, but he placed higher priority on the dragon's story and so resumed following.

"Creepy trees... I believe that's the Forest of Illusion," he answered Orinda's question. "Leaving the forest is supposed to be extremely difficult, though I've never imagined that would extend to the airspace above it."

Back to top Go down
Terry
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer

PostSubject: Re: Role Play Pool Party!   Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:54 am

Clive was confused by Orinda's speech and wasted no time in replying.

"What do you mean by a next king? And he will fall from the heavens? People, let alone kings don't just fall from the heavens and our next king will most likely be Ludwig."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blackie_the_cubone
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer

PostSubject: Re: Role Play Pool Party!   Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:01 pm

"If you don't believe me, I've got more than enough proof to back up my words.", he said in a calm voice that echoed throughout the hallway. Placing the torch gently on the window sill on the wall, he reached down and rummaged through the brown sack for a moment. He grabbed a rolled up scroll out of the bag, which was browned paper tied tightly together in a green ribbion. Putting the brown sack back down gently so the crown inside wouldn't become damaged, he then picked up the torch off of the window sill with his other hand. He used the torch to work as a light as he broke open the ribbon with his sharp teeth. The scroll uncoiled like a spring. Holding up the scroll close to Clive and in offer to the others of reading it, with the light providing just enough clarity to read the scroll. It said:

~~~

Koopa Klan,

My years of domination and attempts to kidnap the princess have all ended in failures. The plumbers have wrecked my every move and have on countless times eliminated my armies and stomped out my koopalings. There comes a point where a Koopa must retreat and for this Koopa, the time is now. I have taken my koopa kids with me and retired to the Koopa Virgin Islands. Your next king will be a green one who is winged and has fallen from the heavens to serve you all as your next king. Thank you.

--signed King Koopa and the signatures of all seven koopalings.

~~~

He looked Clive, Xiuhcoatl and the Squeek in the face, with the fire's glow bouncing off his scaled face and nose horn. "Now do you believe me?", he said quietly. "Those koopa troopas and the goomba led me here and showed me this scroll, they had left just the night before they had found me out there in the woods."

Terry
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer

PostSubject: Re: Role Play Pool Party!   Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:05 pm

Clive looked at the scroll but was still unconvinced. He threw it back in Orinda's face then said,

"I don't believe it. Bowser wouldn't just up and leave without saying anything. This doesn't prove anything, how do I know you didn't write this? Show me these koopa troopas and goomba, I want to hear it from them."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blackie_the_cubone
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer

PostSubject: Re: Role Play Pool Party!   Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:10 pm

Reacting to the scroll being thrown into his face, he dropped the torch on the stone floor and the fire went out sealing everyone in darkness. "Watch what your doing!", he shouted in frustration. "You want to burn this place down?" He let out a big sigh then got down onto his knees and hands to locate the fallen torch. "How would I make up something about enemies in a land I've never visited?", he said, still clearly frustrated. "That's near impossible!"

Terry
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer

PostSubject: Re: Role Play Pool Party!   Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:14 pm

"Impossible eh?" Clive said. "Everything that's been coming out your mouth is made up and it still doesn't explain what you are doing with Bowser's crown."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lance.Hall1958
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer

PostSubject: Re: Role Play Pool Party!   Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:49 pm

"Now wait a second", he whispered to Clive. "I've lived in this land for hundreds of years, I know of just about anything King Bowser did here." Watching Orinda gather up the torch, he said in a louder voice, though still soft, "I recognize those signatures.. seen them posted throughout the castle and around Dinosaur Land over the years.. they're spot on, my gut is telling me that like it or not those signatures are legit."

Having a hard time believing what he just said to Clive himself, he shook his head and wondered in his mind how all of this just seemed to make sense. He didn't want to believe the dragon, but the words seemed true from the scroll and the story. Why would the castle be this empty and dark if Bowser hadn't left the land abandoned?

"Orinda," he said, in a forgiving voice. "Is there some sort of proof in the throne room? Is that why you are leading us there?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://koopaelite.canada-forum.net
SC276
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer

PostSubject: Re: Role Play Pool Party!   Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:58 pm

"Well the obvious explanation is that he left it here..." the Squeek muttered an answer to Clive's question just loudly enough to be heard, but in his mind, he was turning over a multitude of thoughts.

"Kings don't just fall from the heavens..." You also don't get to be a king because a watery tart threw a sword at you. Heh heh.

But seriously, Bowser actually gone? Of his own free will? If the tales of the Chaos Heart fiasco were any indication, he would still think he was really married to Peach, his stubbornness is the stuff of legend and I know legends. And why would he take the kids along and deny them the throne at least a few of them have waited their lives for? How did he come to the criteria for his successor? And of course, how is the Mushroom Kingdom affected by this sudden change in the status quo?

This document has some answers, but even more questions. There has to be something more...

Back to top Go down
Terry
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer

PostSubject: Re: Role Play Pool Party!   Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:06 pm

Clive ignored the Squeek's comment and instead responded to Xiuhcoatl.

"Okay well if you think they look legit then I believe you. But it still doesn't explain why Bowser would just leave. Surely he must have a valid explanation for this. He wouldn't just desert his own kingdom. And it still doesn't explain what Orinda is doing with his crown. I still don't know whether to trust this guy. "
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blackie_the_cubone
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer

PostSubject: Re: Role Play Pool Party!   Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:32 pm

Finally locating the torch off of the floor, he got back onto his feet and held the torch out a few inches away from his mouth. Turning his attention towards Xiuhcoatl and Clive, he said "Yes, the condition of the throne room will answer many questions that you have." Moving his attention back to the torch, he stuck one claw to his nose and sneezed out a flaming booger, lighting the torch aflame once more. With light surrounding the group once again, he turned to the trio behind him. "I'm not lying to you folks, trust me.. dragon's honour, cross my heart.", he stated in a steady voice. "We're almost up to the throne room, just a turn and a half hall away.. let's get going."

Orinda began to walk ahead, the torch letting off a warm yet eerie glow throughout the dark halls.

Terry
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer

PostSubject: Re: Role Play Pool Party!   Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:36 pm

Clive followed behind Orinda but kept his guard up as a precaution and then said,

"Okay, I will hold you to your word. I'm going to trust you this once but god help you if you're lying."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SC276
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer

PostSubject: Re: Role Play Pool Party!   Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:38 pm

The Squeek bearing his large pot kept pace. "Condition?" His nose twitched again. The plot thickens...

Back to top Go down
blackie_the_cubone
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer

PostSubject: Re: Role Play Pool Party!   Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:35 pm

Orinda walked in silence for a few moments, making his way through the corner and into yet another hallway indicating the next floor of the castle. The hallway looked identical to the previous one, generally unkept and well worn. There were no windows in this hallway, but an occasional warp pipe every few feet on each side of the wall. Some of the pipes had labels on them in crude writing, possibly naming which location it took someone to while some had no writing on them at all.. which left those pipes mysterious to anyone who dared enter them. There are torches lined up on both sides of the hallway, unlike the last floor.. but they remain unlit.

"Okay, the koopa troopas led me up here the first time", Orinda said as he continued to slowly walk down the hallway with the torch in his hand. "I believe that the entry door to the throne room is on the right side of the hallway."

Lance.Hall1958
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer

PostSubject: Re: Role Play Pool Party!   Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:40 pm

Walking slowly behind the dragon, he peeked around at the pipes as they walked by wondering where they led. "So what happened after they found you in the Forest, Orinda?", he asked, curiousity getting the better of him. "How did you get that brown sack with the crown and that scroll?".
Back to top Go down
blackie_the_cubone
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer

PostSubject: Re: Role Play Pool Party!   Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:54 pm

Keeping his eyes forward as he walked down the hall, he spoke in response to Xiuhcoatl's questions. "Well, they asked if I was unharmed.. I could not move my wings, I suppose they became injured in the crash. They helped me to my feet, explained to me where I was and went to Koopa Castle with them."

Pointing out where the light touched a red door with spikes on it on the right side of the hallway, he indicated the location of the throne room.

"They led me to the throne room, which was suspiciously barren. On the throne was this brown sack that was laying on the king's chair, the sack was opened." Making his way to the front of the red door, he pushed the heavy door open with relative ease. He began to move inside to the dark room with caution.

Terry
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer

PostSubject: Re: Role Play Pool Party!   Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:59 pm

Clive followed behind slowly and vigilantly.

"Why would Bowser just leave a sackunattended for anyone to find? What if Mario or someone came and found it? That seems a bit careless," Clive said. "Something's going on and I'm determined to find out."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blackie_the_cubone
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer

PostSubject: Re: Role Play Pool Party!   Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:04 pm

Sliding a medium sized boulder up against the door to keep it ajar, he turned into the relative darkness of the throne room. "I remember seeing a fire pit in the middle of this room, right before the red carpets leading up to the throne.", he said, pointing the lit torch it its general direction.

Moving his way around with the torch, he uncovered a large brass fire pit with the fiery light being cast. Setting the head of the torch directly into the fire pit, the fire began to grow within and in seconds most of the room lit up from the tremendous ball of fire now lit inside of the massive container.

Lance.Hall1958
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer

PostSubject: Re: Role Play Pool Party!   Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:18 pm

Entering the throne room behind the dragon, he looked around the lit throne room shocked by what he saw. Orinda was right, this place looked terrible. All the pictures of King Bowser and the Koopalings that had been hanging on the walls were gone, all that remained was barren hangers and discolored squares of where the pictures had been hanging over the walls. There was scrap pieces of cardboard behind the center throne where King Bowser once sat, indicating that someone had been moving stuff away. The crest that had been the sign of the Koopa Klan was still sitting atop the center throne, but the emerald green crystal that King Bowser had achieved in a previous land raid was removed from the center of it.

"The emerald jewel was King Bowser's pride and joy.. well that besides the koopa klan and domination of the world around him.", he said, quietly. "He would never of left that behind, yet he left his own army behind..".

Scratching his chin, he thought to himself. Bowser couldn't of really left Koopa Castle.. or could he have?
Back to top Go down
Terry
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer

PostSubject: Re: Role Play Pool Party!   Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:23 pm

Clive didn't know what to think anymore. He was getting quite frightened.

"What the hell happened here?" Clive said out loud. "This room, no the whole castle even has gone to ruins. Where is everyone?"

He then turned to Orinda and said,

"Hey Orinda, you said that two koopa troopas and a goomba led you here, didn't you? Where are they now? I would like to talk to them and maybe get some more answers as to what's going on."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SC276
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer

PostSubject: Re: Role Play Pool Party!   Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:25 pm

The Squeek looked around the ruined throne room. "Indeed, this entire castle is in serious need of repair," he commented. "And indeed, where are all the servants? Guards, butlers, cleaners, cooks... Aside from the four of us, the place seems like it was left to rot decades ago."

Back to top Go down
BigBlue

PostSubject: Re: Role Play Pool Party!   Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:30 pm

"Servants?" a deep voice echoed from somewhere deep within the castle ruins. "Kollin Parakoopa, at your service!" A large, winged sledge bro with an orange shell rushed out of a doorway. "What do you need?" :3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Role Play Pool Party!   

Back to top Go down

Role Play Pool Party!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 22Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 22  Next