Koopa and Mario RP Forums.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

I should probably say my good-byes.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Neonic

PostSubject: I should probably say my good-byes.    Thu May 16, 2013 11:42 am

But then, they're not good, now are they?

I wish I could say that it's been fun, but it hasn't. There's nothing left for me here, now that my only friend's gone. Such a pity, too. I had high hopes for this place. But then, I guess that's my optimistic nature at work, isn't it?

Human nature astounds me sometimes. The most helpful and dedicated people get met with hostility or ex-communicated. That's precisely what has happened here. In case you didn't get the memo, I'm talking about the recently banned (at least, as far as I know) Yosie.

Now, I know I'm running a pretty big risk of getting banned myself just by bringing this up. Thing is, I'm not sure I care. Sometimes, some things just have to be said. So, let's get down to business, shall we?

I'm not even sure where to begin. I've tried appealing to reason, but it doesn't seem to work.

Well, I guess I could start with a few facts. Yosie joined nearly a year ago, and has managed to be the fourth most active member around. That's right, only three people have a higher post count. Even Al doesn't even have a third of that. He's also responsible for some recent touch-ups to the front page, as well as some new pages being added. To be perfectly honest, before that, the site looked completely amateur in design, and it still needs a lot of polish, but at least now it has a background image and a few other fancy details, like actually transparent images for the buttons. If you pay attention you can see the split between what has been changed and what hasn't - the things that haven't still have those white pixels around the edges. Ouch!

On that note... seriously? Such a tiny box for flipping through the site? I actually have to open the forum in a separate tab to get anything done - and my monitor is 1600x900.

So skip forward a couple of months, and here we are. I'm not much sure what happened, but from the sounds of it it seems to have been a bit of a misunderstanding. For one, from what I've been told, the additions to the site were seen as him "overstepping his boundaries," and Yosie was taken off from the task of layout design - from the sounds of things, Lers was involved here, and perhaps felt Yosie was stepping on his toes a bit. Having only spoke to Lers like once or twice, I don't really know much about him. Those events were a while back, though. More recently and more prominently, there was a big fiasco with Al calling a vote on whether or not to ban Yosie.

All in all, this was handled rather unprofessionally. For one, there were no actual provided examples of the accused offenses, and so most of the starting post reads as a personal attack on the defending party. For two, the topic was to go until 12 votes. Yet, at the last I checked, it had only two votes for Aye and five for Nay. Still, the ban was pushed through. What? Perhaps something happened in that time - but I wouldn't know, as I, regrettably, do not have access to a recent screencap. A shame, since towards the end of that bit Yosie made a personal appeal on his own behalf.

Look, I'm not saying Yosie's a saint. Far from it. Hell, I fight with him a good deal, and he's one of my two best friends! But, for what it's worth, he means well, and when he screws up, he genuinely feels remorse. He just doesn't always know how to apologize. For that matter, he didn't put me up to this or ask me to come talk trash about any of you. In fact, when I finally realized just what had happened and clarified it with him, he outright asked me not to bring it up on the forums. For a few days there, I respected those wishes.

When... when I started typing all this, I was angry and just wanted to lash out at you guys. But now... I don't know what I'm doing. I guess I'm just hoping a third party's point of view can help shed some light on what actually happened. Plus, my sense of justice wasn't really going to let this rest so easily.

If you want my own view on the matter... I don't doubt that Yosie screwed up. But I don't think it could have possibly been such a big deal. I also think Al and the rest of them handled it a bit poorly. Al, if you're going to be the head of a site like this, you have to be prepared to deal with the occasional headache. Hell, the entire staff needs to be prepared for such a thing.

From the looks of the post, the KKE Petition didn't even seem like a proper vote. It looked more like a cover-up. There wasn't an actual poll, the topic post was made up of insults, and it ended on the note of "good riddance." It seems to me that, from the start, the outcome was set. It was fixed. Staged. Just a show. That's a pretty cold thing to do.

Furthermore, there are some things that just aren't worth getting mad over. Al, so what if Yosie called you "King Dad?" You could have just said "don't call me that" and been done with it. It doesn't even matter. You're not actually Bowser. Reality and fiction are distinctly split from each other, and with good reason. Besides, I don't know if you're actually related to the others in real life, but it's been confirmed that the Koopalings aren't even Bowser's children.

This place had potential. At least, I thought it did. Some of the vets were even nice - Anabelle, for one, comes to mind. But with the near-xenophobic nature I've observed in Al and possibly Lers, it's just not worth it in the long run. It's not like I don't understand - when you have, make, or do something, especially for a long time, outside influence can be a scary and dangerous thing. But ideas and projects can't grow without such influence. It's like sun and rain for them.

I don't even particularly want to leave, but I see nothing here for me. I get the feeling a prolonged stay would just be an invitation for disaster, especially after all the things I've just said. Not to mention that I'm barely ever around as is - there's just not much here that interests me. Maybe it's because of the low level of activity? Or the fact that only a handful of roleplays have been started? There's only 20-something members...

Whatever the case, I wish you well. If anyone should feel a need to contact me, I frequent Tumblr and have a deviantArt as well. I'll also be checking on this topic here and there today - though, somehow, I suspect it will "mysteriously vanish" within a few hours, knowing the staff.

So long. Perhaps we shall meet again someday, dancing through life as we do.

Terry
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer

PostSubject: Re: I should probably say my good-byes.    Thu May 16, 2013 2:07 pm

I'm sorry to see you go Neonic, really I am. I would have liked you to stay longer but if you do not feel happy here then you should go and find someplace what makes you happy.

I am also sorry about Yosie, I could not even bring myself to vote in that poll.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Orinda Tarsa
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer

PostSubject: Re: I should probably say my good-byes.    Fri May 17, 2013 11:49 pm

Thanks for your six posts, Neonic. You'll never be forgotten.

KingBowserKoopa
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer

PostSubject: Re: I should probably say my good-byes.    Fri May 17, 2013 11:58 pm

You don't understand the concept of family. We've been talking to each other and been in contact with each other for the past twenty years or so.

Take care and such, hope you were standing up when you typed all that.. I imagine pulling something out like that would of hurt otherwise.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lemmy Koopa
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer

PostSubject: Re: I should probably say my good-byes.    Sat May 18, 2013 12:09 am

If 6 posts makes you a major contributor, Neonic.. whats that make me? Lol

Bye, take care of yourself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spike83
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer

PostSubject: Re: I should probably say my good-byes.    Sat May 18, 2013 12:16 am

TheLemmmmmster wrote:
If 6 posts makes you a major contributor, Neonic.. whats that make me? Lol

MOST. ACTIVE. FORUM. MEMBER. EVER. No but srsly.

I'd say ban Neonic but then the "ban" button might get butthurt, too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lance.Hall1958
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer

PostSubject: Re: I should probably say my good-byes.    Sat May 18, 2013 12:23 am

If you're hardly ever here, why say your leaving? I'm not being a jerk when I say feel bad for your fingers and wrists being put through such agony just to say 'goodbye'.

Also 11 posts makes you special, David. Sorry if we forgot to inform you?

My 'inactive' status switch would go on strike also, Greg. So we're stuck with things as they lie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://koopaelite.canada-forum.net
BigBlue

PostSubject: Re: I should probably say my good-byes.    Sat May 18, 2013 12:42 am

Tits or GTFO.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HeavenKoopa-Dragon
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer

PostSubject: Re: I should probably say my good-byes.    Sat May 18, 2013 1:05 am

Neonic, if you want to leave just leave. It's terrible of you to start things like that, especially when talking about things you don't understand.

Also, someone may want to end this?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
annabelle56
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer

PostSubject: Re: I should probably say my good-byes.    Sat May 18, 2013 1:13 am

Locking this before it becomes a flame war. Thank you for your kind words of me, Neonic.. take care and please understand that I'm shutting this topic down to prevent hurtful words being said to each other and nothing more than this.

Quote :
"We write of our past to remind us of where we started; we read in the present to know how far we've come." -Heather Butler 1982-2008
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I should probably say my good-byes.    

Back to top Go down

I should probably say my good-byes.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1