Share | 

The Story of a Mowz (OLD)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SC276
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer

PostSubject: The Story of a Mowz (OLD)   Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:43 pm

In a (likely vain) attempt to get activity going on this forum again and not let it submit to the inactive dryrot that forms on every board where I'm a main member, I present you with this in leiu of anything recent and Mario-based I have besides the Mario Party Chronicles.

I've never shown this to anyone before. This is old. Like, Game Over old; I started it back when I was on Lemmy's Land. I've never written more of it, and I really don't intend to. At least I had more of an idea of where I wanted to go with it than other half-finished fics I got lying around. And it certainly has an intriguing piece of fan-theory behind it. Definitely better than that other Paper Mario fanfic I got.

And so, I present to you the incomplete fanfic that is... The Story of a Mowz.

A figure cloaked from the sun moved through the streets of the Dry Dry Outpost. Her white nose stuck out of the cloak. This was normal, as she was a young albino mouse. The cloak was to keep her white coat safe from the sun, as well as to hide it.

Albinos were rare in the Outpost. Almost all the mice in the desert town were purple or green. Her mom died giving birth, and her dad was the town recluse. To hide her fur from the outside would mean being able to slip out. She had no name. It was a mouse custom for the mother to pick the name, but she had died before she heard, “It’s a girl!” and Dad was not about to break tradition.

She entered the local inn. A Toad was at the bar, cleaning glasses. She took a seat.

“Back again, Miss Mouse?” the Toad asked.

“Glug T., shh!” she whispered.

“Sorry,” Glug T. replied, “I forgot I don’t know you, uh…”

“Susan.”

“Susan! Right. Well Susan, what will you have?”

“Give me a root bear.”

Glug T. went to a nearby barrel with a tap at the bottom with a stamp reading “Root Beer” in all capitals on the lid. Grabbing a mouse-sized tankard, he filled it up and passed it to Miss Mouse.

“Thanks, Glug.” She pulled a white paw out of her cloak, picked up the tankard and took a sip.

“So Susan,” Glug T. asked, “How’s your dad?”

“Apparently as deranged as ever.”

“At least from your point of view. Moustafa is the descendent of the ruin builders.”

“Yes, but was it the ruins he built or the temple it was? And where is it?”

“They hid it. Didn’t he tell you?”

“Hid it… yeah, right. I think the whole town’s playing a joke on me.”

The front door creaked open and Miss Mouse quickly shut her mouth. A green mouse walked in all robed in rags.

“How are ya, Sheek?” Glug T. asked the newcomer as he sat next to Miss Mouse.

“Fine. Very fine,” Sheek said in a rough voice. With one eye, he peered at Miss Mouse, who tried to contract further into her cloak. She knew what was coming.

Miss Mouse paid for her tab and quickly left. Outside, she made her way to the small alley next to the Toad house. Hopping over the crates with uncanny accuracy, she arrived at her destination: the tent of Merlon’s sister, Merlee.

“Hello, my friend, you’ve come again?” Merlee asked. Miss Mouse could not figure out why, but Merlee always spoke in rhyme.

“Yes,” Miss Mouse replied.

“What has begun to make you glum?” Merlee replied with worry, “You usually talk more. What have you stored?”

“Dad is just so… so… restrictive.”

“Is that all, my friend of fall?”

“And winter, spring, and summer, although it’s hard to tell the difference.”

Merlee gave a small giggle.

“I’ll let you know it’s not the end. Are you better yet, my friend?”

“Well… actually, yeah.”

“Miss Mouse…” a voice behind the albino sounded. She slowly turned around to see Sheek.

“Not again…” she muttered.

“Young lady, this is the third time this week! You’re coming home with me!” It was scenes like that convinced Merlee that Sheek was, in reality, Moustafa… which, also in reality, he was. He grabbed Miss Mouse’s hand and towed her out of the alley to the nearby blue house, where “Sheek” had the true entrance to his quarters over the rooftops.

Once safely concealed inside Moustafa’s quarters, he locked the door and removed his cloak.

“My daughter, what is wrong with you?”

“What do you mean, wrong with me? Just because you’re shyer then a Shy Guy doesn’t mean I have to be too!”

“Both of us are descendents of the temple builders and-“

“I DON’T CARE! I swear, you just sweet-talked everyone into believing that story!”

“Silence! Go to your room!”

“I don’t have a room. And by the way, why haven’t you named me?”

“Only mothers name the child. It’s a tradition.”

“Well, maybe it’s time we had some new ones!”

“That’s it! You’re grounded for a month!”

“But- but-“

“That’s my final answer!” Mostafa replaced the cloak around him and unlocked the door only long enough for him to slip out.

Miss Mouse collapsed on the floor in a sobbing heap. How could her dad leave her anonymous and ground her?

After pulling herself together, she realized how hungry she was. Peering around, she saw a small window in the ceiling.

With expert agility, she made her way up the mess her father left around the room. When she got there, she realized she couldn’t fit through the narrow window while clutching her cloak, keeping it from slipping right off.

Deciding she didn’t really need it, she let go and it slipped right off, revealing the mouse trademark mask and red shoes she was wearing, as well as a mall pouch she wore around her body. That’s when, like a cat burglar, she slipped out the window.

A few minutes later, Moustafa reentered, muttering to herself about how ignorant children are.

“Daughter?” he called, taking off his cover.

No reply.

“My child?” he tried again.

Nothing.

He saw her cloak beneath the narrow window.

“Even if she did sneak out, she wouldn’t leave this behind, she’d stand out a mile!” he thought out loud, “Something must have happened to her!”

Miss Mouse quickly made her way through the Outpost shadows. Her mind had made up. She was running away. She didn’t want to stay with her father. Few people were that nasty.

Soon she came across the town shop. It was then did she realize how hungry she was, and how she spent the last of her money at the inn.

She made her way into the shop out of the sun. A purple mouse ran the register.

“Welcome!” he said, “Little Mouser’s Marketplace has the cheapest prices anywhere and everywhere!”

Knowing she had no coins, she asked, “What do you have for free?”

“Free? Free?!” The shopkeeper almost fell on the ground with laughter. “Nothing in my shop or anywhere is free! Ha ha ha ha!”

Miss Mouse noticed a nearby Mushroom. While the shopkeeper was distracted, she swiped the shroom and quickly put it in her pouch.

When Little Mouser recovered, he stood up. “Well, you looking to buy or sell?”

“I’ll sell.”

“What you’ve got?”

Miss Mouse pulled out the recently plundered Mushroom.

“This.”

Little Mouser took the Mushroom and inspected it. Miss Mouse took the chance to swipe a bottle of Honey Syrup and pocket it.

“Ohh, this Mushroom you got here is almost perfect. I’ll give you 15 coins for it.”

“Deal,” said Miss Mouse holding out her paw. Little Mouser put 15 coins in her hand and put the Mushroom in its original position.

“Anything else you’d like to sell?”

“No, I’m fine.” She left and made her way to the shadow cast alley behind the shop. Looking in her pouch, she saw she was 15 coins and one Honey Syrup richer.

Hmm… she thought, I could get used to this…

As she spoke, five figures came into town, although out of sight of the young albino. One was a Goomba wearing a blue cap. Another was a blue-shelled Koopa with a red bandana around his neck. The third was a pink Bob-omb. The next was a sky-blue-shelled Paratroopa with a mailbag and pilot’s helmet. At the lead was a plumber with brown hair, mustache, and boots, red shirt and hat, gloves, and blue overalls.

Miss Mouse didn’t see the five strangers, but she did hear Little Mouser leave and lock the shop. Finding a small window leading into the back room, Miss Mouse made her way up and slipped in.

She emerged in the storage room. Knowing Little Mouser would return very soon, she quickly made her way to the front room and swiped a few coins from the register. She dared not risking discovery further, and returned to the back room, a few seconds before Little Mouser unlocked the front door.

Looking around desperately for a hiding place and knowing she possibly couldn’t get back through the window in time, Miss Mouse spied a medium-sized red jar, big enough for her. She quickly stuffed herself in.

Little Mouser never peaked into the jar, but he never left the shop anymore, giving Miss Mouse no chance to escape. It was starting to get cramped. She only came out at night to swipe some Mushrooms and Honey Syrup. From her hiding spot, she could hear Little Mouser telling the police about the robberies. Several weeks past, Miss Mouse still couldn’t get out of the shop.

Then it happened. Someone picked up her jar and carried it out of the storage room.

“Here you are, sir,” she heard Little Mouser say.

“Thanks,” said an old, withered voice, “I need a bit more decoration around my house in Koopa Village.” There was a jolt as it was passed to the geezer. Then she was gently tossed up and down as he walked out.

The sun… it shone through the top of the jar. Miss Mouse hadn’t seen it in a very long while. There was a rectangle of shadow as the purchaser left the Dry Dry Outpost.

Moustafa tore through his room, which he had been doing every day for the past six weeks. Every time, it had the same result: finding neither hide nor hair of his daughter. At least he had decided to search town the first day so his guests, the leader of which appeared to be a man of red, blue, and brown, didn’t see the mess that lay before him now. Where was his daughter?

Perhaps I was too hard on her… he finally thought.

At that moment, Little Mouser came in.

“Say, Moustafa?”

“What?”

“You remember that old red jar that you wanted to be cremated in? The one you you asked me to hold for you?”

“Yes. What of it?”

“Some old Koopa just bought it.”

“WHAT?!”

“You know, the weird thing is that jar felt heavier then when I first held it…”

Heavier?

“Remind me,” Moustafa asked, “How big was that jar?”

“Big enough to hold you now, although it’ll be a little tight.”

“My daughter! She was probably in that jar!”

Moustafa almost forgot to grab his cloak as he shot out, leaving a very confused Little Mouser.

From what Miss Mouse could hear, see, and smell after she left the outpost, the Koopa took her across Dry Dry Desert, over Mt. Rugged, on a train to a town, down a meadow path, and into Koopa village. The trip was very uneventful. When she caught another scent of inside and felt the jar being placed down, she waited three seconds before finally letting herself out.

“Good DAD!” the old Koopa said, “Who are you?”

Think fast… “I’m the genie of the bottle.” Darn. I could do better.

“A genie, hmm?” the old Koopa said, “Does that mean I get wishes?”

“Yeah, I suppose…”

“Ohh, goody! How many?”

“How’s three sound to you?”

“Sounds OK to me, I guess. I wish I had some Koopasta for lunch.”

“Koopasta, huh? Give me a minute.”

“But if you’re a genie, can’t you magic some up or something?”

“My powers are too majestic to be viewed by mortals such as yourself.”

“Ahh, I see.”

“Right. Now, give me a minute and I’ll see what I can do.” Miss Mouse left the house.

Once in the outdoors, she took a very deep breath. “Ahh, this is much better then that old jar. Now to business.” Spotting a nearby Koopa, she moved over to him. “Excuse me, my friend, I’m in urgent need of Koopasta.”

“Well,” the Koopa replied, “I’m no cook but I know someone who is. Tayce T. in Toad Town. All you give her is a Koopa Leaf and some Dried Pasta and she’ll make you some Koopasta. She’s a very good soul. Very generous.”

Lucky me. I still have some Dried Pasta in my pouch from Little Mouser’s shop.

“Yeah,” the Koopa continued, “You’ll find the leaf in the bushes around here. Then you leave the village and take the Pleasant Path west to get to Toad Town. Tayce T. lives just south of the main plaza.”

“Thanks.” She gave the Koopa a small kiss and proceeded to check the bushes. Eventually, she found a huge leaf. Making her way west and leaving town, she traveled along the path.

As she neared Toad Town, she saw a huge Koopa in specs up ahead.

“Hold it, you!” he said. His massive girth blocked the entire road, “What’s a pretty one like you doing around here?”

“First of all,” Miss Mouse replied, “who are you?”

“I’m Kent C. Koopa. No one passes me without paying a toll.”

“Why, the C stands for cheap?”

“You’ve got a smart mouth, don’t ya? The cost is 100 coins. After all, money makes the world go round!”

“Actually, I think it’s gravity that does it.”

“Who cares? Just give me the cash!”

At that moment, Miss Mouse had an idea. She ran up and kissed the huge Koopa. While he was recovering from the shock, she managed to steal all the toll money he stole from passersby.

“Yuck-o-rama!” Kent said, “What was that for?”

“Now, about that toll,” she said, completely ignoring him, “You want 100 coins, you got 100 coins.” She pulled 100 of the coins she got from Kent.

Kent took them and counted them.

“They’re in order. All right, you may pass.” He stepped aside, allowing Miss Mouse to continue into town.

To be unlikely to be continued...

-"Nothing's Too Good for You"

Current status: Seek out the Heart of the Matter
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://supercomputer276.webs.com

The Story of a Mowz (OLD)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1