Share | 

Adopt my roleplay?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SC276
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer

PostSubject: Adopt my roleplay?   Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:39 am

So I got this other play-by-post roleplay going over at my own forum. Thing is, my forum basically has had dust all over it except for this roleplay for, oh, I'd say four years now, and I'd really like to move it here. Thing is, I'm feeling some trepidation over this, which is why this topic is here.

I'm sure at least Lers and Clive remember NintenKingdom 64. This Nintendo-focused forum created from "refugees" from Lemmy's Land is one of the fondest periods of my life even though I didn't contribute as much as I thought I did. NK's roleplaying board had its ups and downs, with one of the last downs being the sudden death of one of the most popular roleplays when its runner left the forums. Only three of its standard RPs reached completion, the first of which I ran. This roleplay I'm discussing now is the last active roleplay of NK, the only one running when the forum shut its doors a couple years ago. In the meantime, I've kept it going for awhile on my own previously-abandoned attempt at a forum, Mt. Majesty Forum, but in recent times, multiple factors have caused its stagnation.

This is the last vessel of NK's roleplaying, and for sentimental reasons, I don't want it to peter out.

I believe everyone benefits from moving the roleplay to this forum. Its current and rather despondent NK refugee players get a chance to join a great new community with awesome and welcoming members. The roleplay is not only in a place where its players aren't coming just for it, but also in a position for you guys to join in on the fun and adventure it contains and breathe a life into it that it otherwise wouldn't receive. Here, it would have the best chance to come through to completion.

So why am I feeling trepidation over asking it to move here? Because it's not a Mario roleplay. It's a Cave Story roleplay.

For those not in the know, Cave Story is quite possibly the most well-known indie game of all time. With its tight run-and-gun action gameplay, awesome soundtrack, beautiful pixel graphics, and excellent story and characters, it's one of the incredible games ever created, all made by one guy in his spare time over five years. It has inspired a fan following with a level of dedication I would second only to bronies, and I heartily recommend it to anyone here or anywhere.

Which brings me to the big question: may I move the roleplay based on this awesome game here?

If you want to judge the roleplay on its own merits, its topic on MMF is here. A Google Docs document of the first leg, which contain parts covered when the topic was on NK, can be read here.

-"Nothing's Too Good for You"

Current status: Seek out the Heart of the Matter
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://supercomputer276.webs.com
FireKoopa
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer

PostSubject: Re: Adopt my roleplay?   Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:27 am

Laura has discussed this idea with myself and I'm unsure of what to think of it. You have my vote to start it, we'll see where it goes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Adopt my roleplay?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1