Share | 

Untitled Piece

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Orinda Tarsa
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer

PostSubject: Untitled Piece   Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:50 pm

I'm about to post something that Heather put together just a month and a half before her death. This piece is incomplete due to that. Hope you enjoy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Heather Butler
Sunday December 2nd, 2007

It was two against the world. A dragon named Orinda and a young hybrid named Starla, had arrived in a land that was once occupied by a great empire. The Koopa Empire, to be exact, had ruled the vast and beautiful place called Dinosaur Land for many moons and seemed to be unstoppable, until a pair of humans that had once been nipping at their heels had came to full power and driven the Empire out.

It had been many moons since the Koopas left, the humans shortly after disappeared from the great land. The grassy fields had grown freely and covered the landmarks and great fortresses that the Koopas had once came to establish. Orinda and Starla, are now on their own in a barren land, that was once so populated by what appeared to be a civilized race.

---

Starla looked to the velvet sky above her, that seemed to so much surround her, and let off a depressed sigh. "Is it possible to have found happiness and sorrow at one time?" she asked aloud.

"Of course," Orinda responded as he stood side by side with her. "That may seem a bit strange but there's always something stranger out on the horizon."

Seeing that they were truly alone on this overgrown, grassy plain that shined dimly from the moon that graced the land from above, Starla didn't dare look out ahead of her and instead looked for comfort in the eyes of the great dragon Orinda. She felt too alone in this place and had grown attached to him rather quickly, mostly due to that they seemed truly alone in this vast land. "Am I weak to have fear?" she asked him, trying to disguise worry in her voice. "Sorrow is often seen as the greatest contributor to weakness."

"That's just silly talk." Orinda responded in a reassuring tone as he didn't feel hesitation to hug Starla close to him. Not being able to take his eyes off of her, he was clear and able to see that her skin was a bright pink, somewhat scaly like the great dinosaur but was also smooth all the same, which let off a great glare from the moonlight that draped her from above. Her waves of golden hair, which wildly and often would take over her shoulders and consequently drape over her royal purple Koopa shell, that was lined with pearly white spikes. She appeared to be part dinosaur and part Koopa, something that was most likely hard for her to explain to anyone who crossed her and even harder for Orinda to be turned away from. It mesmerized the dragon, and even seemed to hypnotize him.

"If it's so silly," Starla responded, "then why can't I seem to shake it?" For someone she had just met, she felt so comfortable around him. She felt that she could confide anything to this dragon.

"Because you are too concerned about something that hasn't came to be," he responded as he trailed a clawed hand through her hair gently. "The future can be scary only if you allow it to be," Seeing the grass that they were standing in was very soft, he went down to his knees and offered the beautiful Dinosaur-Koopa hybrid both hands. "Please rest here with me my friend and tell me what bothers you so."

Taking his hand in hers, Starla sat down on the luscious green grass next to Orinda and noticed how his scales, which were also green but perhaps just a shade higher than that grass, gleamed in the moonlight. Perhaps that light gave off a sense of power, knowing that nobody would harm her with him in her presence. "I came from my home among the stars," she softly said to him, "and felt excitement from this new land but also a new kind of fear."

Having been seated next to her and trying to fight off the urge to continue to hold her hand amidst all this, Orinda just nodded in response as he relaxed his great wings, that stretched out a few inches over each shoulder and gently draped over the Koopa shell he also had on his back, much like she did. He did not speak any further, letting her explain.

Seeing that he was paying attention to her tale, Starla continued on. "That fear is what perhaps led to the demise of the Koopa Empire. I fear that what got rid of them so quickly can make quick work of any re-inhabitance of the race that I've been sent here to start." Looking deep into Orinda's eyes, Starla couldn't help but grip one of his arms tightly and try and pull him closer to her.

Orinda nodded again in response as he couldn't keep away from her either, looking back into her eyes just as deeply as hers was into his. "You aren't doing this alone," he responded assuredly. "We didn't meet here for no reason. If you were meant to rebuild alone, I would not of been sent here from my home in that distant galaxy above us."

Starla sensed a great feeling of hope from Orinda and gently placed her hand in his, smiling gently to him. "You're right. Things happen for a reason and with you by my side, I don't feel we could ever do wrong bringing the Empire back to its former glory and perhaps surpass it."

Orinda smiled back and held her hand tightly. "I perhaps thought that the fear I felt from you perhaps was telling me that you missed your home in the stars because it seems so far away."

"I do know one thing about that fear," Starla said as she found herself now snuggling in his arms. "That no matter how far away we may seem, we are just one quick trip of that spiritual bridge away from where we belong."

"I came from home feeling that way as well," Orinda responded as he held her close and kissed her forehead gently. "I knew too that there was that bridge to get back home. You were the one to let me know that I wasn't the only one seeing it."

Last edited by Orinda Tarsa on Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.koopaklanelite.com
annabelle56
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer

PostSubject: Re: Untitled Piece   Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:02 am

Quote :
"I do know one thing about that fear," Starla said as she found herself now snuggling in his arms. "That no matter how far away we may seem, we are just one quick trip of that spiritual bridge away from where we belong."

That's simply beautiful. She is just across that bridge if we ever need her, that line honestly made me cry. Heather was quite the writer..

Quote :
"We write of our past to remind us of where we started; we read in the present to know how far we've come." -Heather Butler 1982-2008
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iggy Koopa
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer

PostSubject: Re: Untitled Piece   Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:19 am

That line got to me too. Koopas getting driven out by plumbers, who knew?

I miss Heather v.v but I love this piece.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JadeKoopa
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer

PostSubject: Re: Untitled Piece   Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:30 am

The last two paragraphs made me cry. She really knew how to tug on the heart strings, god I miss my kiddo so much....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Terry
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer

PostSubject: Re: Untitled Piece   Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:55 am

I always knew there was something fishy about those Mario Brothers. I am assuming that is what the two humans are.

Great story btw.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Orinda Tarsa
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer

PostSubject: Re: Untitled Piece   Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:24 am

Thank you. She wasn't too familiar with the games but yes she meant the Mario Bros as the humans.

Terry
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer

PostSubject: Re: Untitled Piece   Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:35 am

I think the fact how they are never named and only known as "the humans", it makes them more mysterious and more scary in a way. Quite a good thing I think.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Orinda Tarsa
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer

PostSubject: Re: Untitled Piece   Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:07 am

The original plan was for her to write how Orinda and Starla met and brought a new generation of Koopas to rule, but she would double check with me on her ideas and see if I had anything to add to it or if I liked it.

Mine was to write how Mario and Luigi built up the power to drive the Koopas out of Dinosaur Land and eliminated them from their standing of power. We were going to combine the two and that would be the new beginning of the KKE. We were also going to go into detail on the place Orinda and Starla came from and what their world was like.

sacredangel82

PostSubject: Re: Untitled Piece   Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:12 pm

Gosh, that was beautifully written. I can't imagine what kind of world my sister was going to help you put together, Nicholas.

Terry
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer

PostSubject: Re: Untitled Piece   Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:53 pm

I like both of those ideas and they would have been interesting to see how they would have looked in print. I always like the idea of role reversal this kind of franchise with the whole good guy/bad guy stories switched.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lance.Hall1958
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer

PostSubject: Re: Untitled Piece   Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:39 pm

Would of loved to see this come to be. You and Heather seemed to have some great ideas, Nick. Very original and unique.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://koopaelite.canada-forum.net
Larry_Koopa
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer

PostSubject: Re: Untitled Piece   Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:42 pm

So Starla and Orinda Tarsa are pretty much visitors from another planet? And they'd rebuild the fallen koopa legacy? Now that's something I would of loved to take part in. Heather had some great ideas and it is very well written out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spike83
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer

PostSubject: Re: Untitled Piece   Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:24 pm

That's really well written. Enjoy her sense of detail and the fact about seeing plumbers and the koopas in two different lights is extremely interesting. Also find the fact that Starla and Orinda are koopa hybrid creatures from another planet as interesting too.

Very original ideas, wish she could of finished this. Thank you Heather for letting me read this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KingBowserKoopa
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer

PostSubject: Re: Untitled Piece   Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:14 pm

Love the direction she wanted to take things. Thank you Nick for sharing this with us, I'm sure it wasn't easy for you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Envy

PostSubject: Re: Untitled Piece   Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:24 pm

That is very pretty. Thank you very much for sharing!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sacredangel82

PostSubject: Re: Untitled Piece   Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:17 pm

My sister was one of those writers who believed the more unique, the better. Thank you guys, I'm sure she would appreciate all your compliments!

KoopetteLeBoo
Dice Roller ST
Dice Roller ST

PostSubject: Re: Untitled Piece   Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:21 pm

Beautiful story. Would of loved to have seen what the KKE would of been like with Heather and Starla in it..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HeavenKoopa-Dragon
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer

PostSubject: Re: Untitled Piece   Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:57 pm

Very well written.. holy moley, do I miss her.. ~sighs

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lemmy Koopa
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer

PostSubject: Re: Untitled Piece   Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:10 am

That's really pretty. I like her writing style.

View user profile
thepinkmenace
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer

PostSubject: Re: Untitled Piece   Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:20 am

Didn't see this until now. I sure miss that girly, she was such a wonderful and gifted girl.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
annabelle56
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer

PostSubject: Re: Untitled Piece   Sat May 07, 2016 1:19 am

Yes Wendy hun, she was very gifted. Dearly missed..

Quote :
"We write of our past to remind us of where we started; we read in the present to know how far we've come." -Heather Butler 1982-2008
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DragonessDessie
RP Elder
RP Elder

PostSubject: Re: Untitled Piece   Sat May 07, 2016 12:24 pm

Beautiful. Heather was a wonderful young lady and she is missed every day.

Amor último una vida. Se elevó, Quetzal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sacredangel82

PostSubject: Re: Untitled Piece   Mon May 09, 2016 4:38 pm

Thanks guys, know my sister would appreciate your compliments and how much she is missed.

Magika

PostSubject: Re: Untitled Piece   Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:59 pm

That Heather had a unique writing style. Miss that kid so much.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Untitled Piece   

Back to top Go down

Untitled Piece
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1