Koopa and Mario RP Forums.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The roles of good and evil in fiction

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
sacredangel82

PostSubject: Re: The roles of good and evil in fiction   Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:59 am

I like the general plot of that, Niece Sweet. It can't always be that simple, there'd of course need to be substance and reason for why they've came to that.

FireKoopa
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer

PostSubject: Re: The roles of good and evil in fiction   Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:20 am

I understand for the desire that some things need explaining, but isn't there some where we just leave it as is for someone to wonder and fill in the blanks?

Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer

PostSubject: Re: The roles of good and evil in fiction   Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:21 pm

I guess if Miss Peach DID have a father in the franchise, he'd have a reason to be frustrated with the koopas. Kidnapping is a big deal..

Quote :
"We write of our past to remind us of where we started; we read in the present to know how far we've come." -Heather Butler 1982-2008
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sacredangel82

PostSubject: Re: The roles of good and evil in fiction   Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:29 pm

This is true. Guessing the leader of the Koopas and the rest of the group would see themselves as the good side in terms of their 'history' with the plumbers and the kingdom, as the said plumbers probably see themselves on the good side because they are saving the princess in distress.

Terry
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer

PostSubject: Re: The roles of good and evil in fiction   Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:41 pm

Yeah. Not many villains actually explicitly say that they are evil apart from maybe some of the early Power Rangers villains. They call themselves Empress of Evil, Emperor of Evil, Princess of Evil, etc. Othr than that, a lot of villains do think in their eyes that what they are doing is right and have believe that their actions are for everyone's good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sacredangel82

PostSubject: Re: The roles of good and evil in fiction   Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:44 am

Also some cartoon villains say their evil outright, though its mostly for comedic effect. I don't think it'd apply in fiction, though.

JadeKoopa
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer

PostSubject: Re: The roles of good and evil in fiction   Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:55 am

I don't know Jess hon. Sometimes it could be to keep a reputation in check? I'm sure Bowser has to do things to keep his rep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sacredangel82

PostSubject: Re: The roles of good and evil in fiction   Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:44 am

That very well could be so! Perhaps the writer has a way of riddling the mental picture, though?

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The roles of good and evil in fiction   

Back to top Go down

The roles of good and evil in fiction
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2