Share | 

The Croak of Darkness

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Orinda Tarsa
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer

PostSubject: The Croak of Darkness   Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:40 pm

Not Mario related but actually a re-write of a story I wrote back in 1997. May have been early 1998, it's been a long time. Just a small piece of it, I'll continue to post other pieces as I get them done:

Quote :
The Croak of Darkness
by Nicholas Miller

Chapter 1: Beginnings

"You blew it!" the cat snapped as she was pointing at a rather distinguished brown frog with an accusing finger. "I'll never take directions from a slimy reptile again, that's for sure!"

"First off, I'm an amphibian", the frog responded stoutly, "and second, I've never heard of Grand Forks so why should I believe someone when they say I should of takem a left there?" Crossing his arms, he glared at the cat with large, bulging eyes. He knew it creeped her out what he could do with those eyes of his, so he did it on purpose just for the sake of the rather fiesty feline.

Stepping between the two fueding creatures was a small gray rat with a durag on his head that in a sense made him look like a pirate. "Daggett!" he shouted at the top of his lungs, which came out in more of a squeak than anything. "Sassy! Instead of arguing about who gave who the directions, lets try and figure out where we're at right now." This rat, which was simply named Squeeks, seemed to be the voice of reason of this goofy trio.

"Right." Daggett responded as he looked around him. They were in some sort of dungeon. The walls were made of large boulders and the floor and ceiling were of the same stone, or at least it appeared to be such. The stones were a shade of gray, though the dim light that seemed to cover the room made it hard to determine anything more beyond that. "It doesn't matter how we got here, let's just find a way out of here." Adjusting the cheap whip that was attached to the old brown belt across his waist, he held up his left hand straight up in the air in a fist. "Who's with me?" he boomed.

"We could always go back the way we came", Sassy fired back at Daggett as she began to pout her lower lip. "But that will never happen with a certain somebody, self-called genius at the wheel!" Crossing her arms, she intended to stay put and keep her point valid. She had almost all white fur but that was spoiled by a black patch of fur around her right eye and what appeared to be a mole on her left cheek, just above the whiskers that seemed to flow out and about below her small, pink nose.

Squeeks was getting tired of the pair fighting it out as he then stamped his feet as hard as those tiny things could against the cold, stone cobbled floor. "Enough!" he screamed as he began to throw a bit of a tantrum, reminiscent of a child. "This fortress or whatever we're in should have a door or access to an exit!" About to rip the fur from the top of his head due to the insanity around him, Squeeks calmed himself down and brushed himself off. "When you two are done bickering, lets get a move on shall we?"

Daggett waved his arms childishly at the over confident rat. "Hey!" he yelled at him, his voice cracking at high pitch, "I'm the hero, not you!"

Coughing sarcastically, Sassy rolled her eyes at the antics of the frog. "In that case, HERO", she responded quite coyly, "when did you ever save the day to become one?"

Throwing his arms up in the air, Squeeks let off a frustrated sigh. "Fine!" he snapped at the frog, "If you two can stop acting like babies then you can lead the way!"

Letting off an innocent smile, or at least it had the deception, Daggett looked to Sassy. "I forgive you for being a baby." Dusting off his right leg, which was rather lanky and of a pale brown in contrast to the darker brown that covered the rest of his body, he pointed out in front of him that seemed to resemble a doorway."Hi-ho silver, AWAY!" he shouted at the top of his lungs.
~~~

Orinda Tarsa
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer

PostSubject: Re: The Croak of Darkness   Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:42 pm

Quote :
Watching Daggett go off on his rambunctious high horse, Sassy pulled Squeeks over to the side. "Between you and me," she whispered in his ear hastily, "I think the frog is a self-centered airhead."

"I know", Squeeks responded, sounding a bit irritated like he was hearing the obvious, "let him have his fun he'll just get lost, become discouraged and give up."

Daggett, seeing the two converse, pondered what was being said about him. Bad things? Good things? Did she happen to find him attractive? It mattered none to Dag, as he waved the two down in attempt to break things up. "Let's go!" he shouted energetically. "Time to find us some adventure!"

Sassy walked cautiously up to the frog, making sure Squeeks kept in toe with her. "If adventure means getting lost", she muttered to herself, sighing sarcastically, "then bombs away.."

~~~

Chapter 2: Bombs Away!

Peeking out around the corner of the doorway, Daggett saw a large room that was constructed of stone from head to toe, just like the room that they were in before. Ignoring the fact that this place could be occupied, by rather obvious signs such as this room was lined with lit torches, he leapt out through the open door and swung his whip around. "Let's do it eh!" he bellowed with cheer, unaware of his own ignorance.

Feeling a tad bit cautious..well more than a tad, Squeeks quickly ran out to Daggett and attempted to drag the crazed frog by the arm, back to the safety of the door way or perhaps back to the boundries of sanity. "Be quiet will you!" he hissed. "Someone is clearly home. You want to risk disturbing whatever lies out there?!"

"Of course!" the frog responded, giving the rat a strange look. "Maybe they'll be polite, share some delicious fly upside down pie and show us out!"

Sassy laughed off Dag's state of mind, which was apparently out of service. "Only thing upside down is your brain!" she snorted. Peeking out into the big room, she shuddered and hid behind Squeeks. "It's awful dirty looking out there!", she squealed, sounding frightened."Where's a maid when you need one?"

Just as Daggett was going to respond to Sassy's question, Squeeks put a finger to his lips in a signal to hush down. "Be quiet!" he whispered aloud. "We'll attract less attention if we keep our mouths closed and our peepers open."

Daggett gave the rat a stern look as he then tried to hide a giggle. "Who's leading this expedition again?" he asked in a brave voice, placing his hands on his hips. "Could of swore it was the awesome frog!"

"Alright awesome leader", Squeeks responded with a sigh. "Lead us." He couldn't believe the nerve of that frog, was he really that deaf and full of himself? It irritated the rat so.

Daggett raised his whip over above his head and gave it a quick crack, filling the area with a seemingly endless echo. "As I said before", he bellowed, "let's do it eh!" Stepping out into the big room, he did a superhero pose.

Keeping her mouth shut, Sassy cautiously followed the frog out into the lit room, nervously watching the fire light lazily dance off of the smooth stone walls that seemed to circle around her.

Squeeks ran out to the cat Sassy and watched her. He saw great fear in her eyes and thought for something that hunted and ate rats, she was sure cowardly. "You act like we're doomed." he whispered to her, trying to sound more assuring than he really felt. "And so what if you get all dirty? Not like you'll remember that 15 to 17 years from now."
~~~

annabelle56
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer

PostSubject: Re: The Croak of Darkness   Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:37 pm

Very nice hun, your confidence seems to build the further you go. Can't wait to see it when your finished.

Quote :
"We write of our past to remind us of where we started; we read in the present to know how far we've come." -Heather Butler 1982-2008
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Orinda Tarsa
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer

PostSubject: Re: The Croak of Darkness   Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:17 pm

Thanks and yeah it does actually. Like riding a bike

annabelle56
Veteran RPer
Veteran RPer

PostSubject: Re: The Croak of Darkness   Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:49 pm

Absolutely Nick hun and you are very welcome. ~hugss gentle~

Quote :
"We write of our past to remind us of where we started; we read in the present to know how far we've come." -Heather Butler 1982-2008
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Croak of Darkness   

Back to top Go down

The Croak of Darkness
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1